Friday, September 23, 2011

Dollar Store Shopping

These are the after results AFTER my dollar store makeover. Below are some items I purchased at the dollar store. The trick is to think outside the box and vision making something different out of the items they have available. These projects both cost 2 dollars each.


For the mirror I laid out the rocks to make sure they would fit and then glued them with my trusty E6000 glue around the outside edge. And in an instant you have a nature inspired frame.

For the frame I disassembled the wooden puzzle, which took me way too long- I have a few problems! Yes, there are directions, but they explain how to put it back together not how to take it apart! After I had the individual pieces of the puzzle I glued them together to make something a little more interesting. Then as before I glued them to the edge of the frame! It couldn't be easier.
Good luck with this craft! Next week we will have two more very easy dollar store projects.



No comments: