Friday, September 30, 2011

Graphic number art work



I thought this was such a clever idea, and so easy to make. I have been visiting one of my favorite websites, pinterest and saw something similar. It is our families birth dates and our anniversary date. I used the computer program, printshop, to arrange the numbers and apply the graduating colors. Printshop is very affordable and it is very easy to use.


Now let me give you more detailed directions.



The supplies are shown below. You will need a plaque, I purchased mine at walmart for $3.97, a small amount of paint for the edges of the plaque, a piece of scrapbook paper, and glue.


First you will need to design and print your graphic number design on a piece of scrapbook paper. Cut to fit the plaque. Then paint the outside edges of the wooden plaque. Next, spread the glue evenly on the plaque and place your scrapbook page on top. Arrange heavy objects on top of the project to ensure a flat finished surface.

I used the finger nail file to buff the edges of the paper, and once finished I decided to highlight around the edges of the paper with brown ink. Then, attach a picture hanger and hang your art work!

In last weeks Friday blog, I had said I would do another dollar store blog, but I liked this so much, and plan to do the dollar store one another day!

Please make notice of my new addition to the blog where you can subscribe. It is very simple, and I do not even know who signs up! Keep in mind that it is possible the request will arrive in your junk box.

I am really trying to get the word out about my blog so if you know anyone who would be interested via email, or through facebook, please let them know about it. To make it easy here is a link to the blog.









No comments: